Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday, Sundae, Sundayyyyy....

It so nice to be able to wake to a nice sunshine today. I mean today is Sunday. Next Sunday is Easter and I'm really trying to decided whether to make a couple of Easter cards. I think I have enough materials to make a set or two, but I'm not really sure if its worth it. I'm really trying to see what's worth it to list and what's not. I have about 10 or so cards that I've yet to post just because. Last night I had what I think at first was "cardmakers block". I started making this set of cards and I don't know what I was doing, but they did not turn how to look how I thought they were going to. I ripped all the paper and embellishments over and stashed everything else away for the next time I decided to do some cardmaking. I did, however, end up with a really cute set of birthday cards.


I was actually browsing the web last night trying to figure out how to make handmade envelopes. Its not that I didn't know how to make them, but I really want to start making nice ones to go with my cards, instead of just offering the plain white envelopes. I figured out how to make the envelopes, but not I'm just thinking of the adhesive and how to make sure that if I layer white and colorful scrapbook paper, making sure they all edges are crisp and no air bubbles and that everything is secure. I realize that people are going to be mailing these cards, giving them a gifts, and what not and I'm a stickler for high quality products. I don't want anyone purchasing something of mines and getting it and it fall apart. I would feel so terrible if that happened. Anyhow, as I digress, I'm working on new cards for my shop, and hopefully I'll have sometime to make some more tags and mini cards. I really wanna offer more than just cards and want my shop to be very well-rounded, but not all over the place. I definitely wanna keep it centered around paper goods.

It was so funny last night when I took out all of my card making materials and realized why I hadn't made any cards in two weeks. Because I realized that again for the umpteenth time that its a pain to clean it all back up. I do laundry now and it sits in the dryer, clothes are everywhere in my room, and schoolwork, well let's not even talk about that. I will say however, that i have a system to cleaning up my card making mess. I bought clear storage containers last month and they have really helped me to keep things organized and clean up easier. However, its still a pain to rollover of paper shreds, ribbon, and buttons while sleeping. Anyhow, cleanup is never the fun part of anything. I bake probably more than I make cards and the clean-up for that is just as bad and takes a lot longer. It seems like the things that make us most happiest, are the things that either require the most maintenance or clean-up, even relationships, but that's another blog for another day!

2 comments:

DivaDea said...

Yep, it's the cleanup that does me in, too! Takes longer to set up and clean up than to do the task. I haven't made cards in a long while, because I'm buried in polymer clay and there's no more room :(

Nora said...

Totally agree with you. I don't have a lot of real estate to lay out all my supplies and work on something but someday I will! I want a room where I can spread out all my supplies and just leave it there without cleaning up and be able to come to it whenever inspiration strikes! Someday... someday...